Encouragement can come from many different things, a person, a place or even a quote. Sometimes it's hard to see your life change from a single action but when you do you remember who or what inspired you. Taking the first step is a brave decision but sometimes a little quote or wise words from a colleague or stranger can lead to a new chapter in your life. I was inspired by many people, some famous, some not, books, in particular, The Motorcycle Diaries and by so many blogs and articles that I read, that infact, travel was my destiny. Here are just some of the words that inspired so many across the world to follow your heart and explore a new land. So Carpe diem because life is a box of chocolates!
1. Collect moments not things
2. you can, you should and if you're brave enough to start you will - Stephen King
3. Better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times. Asian Proverb
4. Live the life people write novels about.
5. I'm in love with cities I've never been to and with people I've never met. - Melody Truong
6. Travel makes you modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world. - Gustave Flaubert
7. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. - Mark Twain
8. We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls. - Anais Nin
9. We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. - Hilaire Belloc
10. You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. Christopher Columbus
11. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. - Neale Donald Walsch
12. Seek adventures that open your mind.
13. Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. - Ray Bradbury
14. I NOW KNOW, BY AN ALMOST FATALISTIC CONFORMITY WITH THE FACTS, THAT MY DESTINY IS TO TRAVEL. Che Guevara, The Motorcycle Diaries: Notes on a Latin American Journey